screwed up japan trip
Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 2:24 PM
0
comments
I really hate my cousin now! Because of his last-minuteness, we have lots of hiccups for our japan trip. During the planning process, everything was a no problem from him. But when it gets to finalising everything, every no problem became a problem.
First, we were supposed to go hk before going to japan. It was a no problem when he suggested that we can stay at his hse. But guess what? Lodging became a big problem in hk cos now when things have to materialise, he said we cant stay at his place anymore due to blah blah blah...
Okay fine, we got over it and I decided to move on. Lots of emails being exchanged b4 we finally decided to book our dates for air tickets. It was in september when my air tickets were booked. It's not super expensive but wasnt a small sum of money either. $4440 for air tickets. Of cos, it was a no problem from him again. But guess what? Now it became a big problem one and a half month ltr. He and his gf decided to change the dates coz they
suddenly realised that there isnt anything to do on new year day in japan. Wow what a
sudden enlightenment! Feeling pissed now coz i really booked the air tickets like 1.5 mths ago, I decided to discuss and get the FINAL plan should he chg his mind again. So guess what, all flights are full, if i want to chg to the flights available via internet, I have to pay an additional $500 each ticket! Of coz im not keen on this as we are facing a financial crisis and money just isnt sth for me to spend like that. So we stick to the original plan. I asked about lodging and he said lodging was no problem coz we can always book hotel b if hotel a is full, or hotel c if hotel b is full, etc.
Two months from the day i confirmed my air tickets, lodging became a problem from a no problem. Three of us have to stay in 2 separate rooms instead of one triple room. Why? Because hotels are full. I dont believe that if we had book earlier, we will have this problem of no triple rooms for us. I heard of so many horror movies from japan. Who is going to slp in a room alone? If all three of us cramped inside one double room, it will be uncomfy and the other will be wasted. Money isnt sth to spend like this really!
I cant understand how a happy trip can turn out this bad. There is no happiness left for me to look forward to for this trip. The only reason why Im still going for this trip is that I have already spent $4440 (air tickets) and $2240 (lodging).
I hate him!